Zymurgy magazine, the publication of the American Homebrewers Association (AHA), today revealed the results of its 17th annual Best Beers in America survey.
Top Ranked Beers:
- Bell’s Brewery, Two Hearted Ale
- Russian River Brewing Co., Pliny the Elder
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Pale Ale
- Founders Brewing Co., KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)
- The Alchemist, Heady Topper
Not a bad list, at all! I'm not a big fan of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, but it's definitely drinkable. I just got back from a trip to Tampa, and pretty much cleaned-out The Breakroom Bar and Grill's stock of Bell's Two Hearted. It's a really nice brew! Nothing needs to be said about Pliny and, of course, all of the Founders beers are outstanding.